Love yourself before you can Live your life











Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Delightfully Delish Vegan Pattie

It has been about a week since my last blog...oopsy!! Anywho I'll make this a good one to make up for it :) I made these super yummy veggie/grain patties that you could put on a bun OR just eat alone with some avocado or tomato so here goes...

1/2 can of black beans, 1/2 can of chickpeas, 1 cup cooked brown rice (or Arborio rice), 1 cup cooked lentils, 1/2 medium zucchini chopped, 1/2 small onion chopped, 2-4 cloves of garlic, 1/2 radicchio sliced, 10 broken up dates (I used honey dates), salt and pepper to taste, 1/4 tbsp or cayenne and oregano (or basil). Blitz all with a hand blender or in a blender. If it is too hard to blitz add some veg stock or water....just a touch!! If too liquidy add some oats or whole wheat flour. From there form into balls...depending how big you want your patties. I cook these to order, I like them better that way, and just cover the leftover mix in the fridge until I want some more. So heat a pan to about a 6-7 just over medium. When hot add oil (safflower, veg whatever you want) then place 'ball' in pan and smooch down with hands to flatten. Leave about 3-5 min then flip and leave the same on that side. NOTE they are a bit mushy so be gentle flipping they are a little tricky until you get the hang!! That’s it..like I said I put avocado on mine and stacked two. I served it with some roasted brussel sprout YUMMMMMM!!! Enjoy!!



Also check out www.herbivoreclothing.com. I love it! I just got a cute tee saying 'Im vegan and I love you' with a little elephant on it, a few stickers and a cool stainless steel lunch box!!

No comments:

Post a Comment