Mmmm I LOVE a good sandwich...but without meat how can it be good? Without cheese it is pointless!!!! Not so! Here is the most Delicious sandwich I think I have ever made and it is so fantastic.
- One whole grain ciabatta bun...or any other whole grain (as vegan friendly as possible) bun
- Some form of bean spread (you can even just puree up a can of black beans, make sure to rinse them first, then add some chili powder to spice things up, a little lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.) Make sure to read label if buying from a store..NO sugar! Or anything ending in 'OSE' (glucose, fructose...that's sugar)
- As much spinach as you like
- As many mushrooms...I like crimini or portabello http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=97
- One third of an avocado
- Toast bun...or leave soft, whatever you like!
- Spread on the bean spread...less is more :)
- Top with yummy spinach (or any leafy green...try to stay away from iceberg, pointless)
- Cut the mushrooms and saute them in a small amount of Vegetable oil on med/high until cooked, salt and pepper to taste.
***DID YOU KNOW??? Olive oil is best RAW! When it smokes, and it does have a high smoking point, it turns into trans fat http://www.oprah.com/health/Nutrition-Facts-About-Olive-Oil-Health-Advice-from-Dr-Katz
- Then scoop out one third of an avocado and top with the top half of the bun!
Yum Yum!! You can make this your own..if you don't like mushrooms (you are crazy) you can saute up some onions or peppers. You can also make it an open-faced sandwich and save the other half of the bun for lunch the next day. Have fun...experiment!