Love yourself before you can Live your life











Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Clean Out That Fridge!

So obviously everyone has thrown out food that has gone bad, right? How about we buy less, eat more, and waste less??!! Shopping for only what we need will not only create less waste, but save us money. So when I am really hungry I need something hearty and filling, so I usually grab a stew, stir-fry or pasta. Last night I had pasta....yum I love pasta! I started with organic Kamut Udon noodles by Sobaya. It has 19% of your daily fibre, 25% of your iron and 15g of protein. Here are the steps for the sauce; I was just making enough for two:
- One small onion chopped and cooked in 1/4 cup of oil (olive or safflower) until translucent at med heat
- Then add 2-3 cloves of grated or diced garlic.
- Add in veggies of your choice (Mushroom, green peppers, celery, tomatoes, spinach are what I used)

- Sautee them at a medium heat for 3-5 min
- Add in 1/4 cup of vegetable broth and 1/4 of tomato sauce (I use edens choice), continue at medium heat.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of both apple cider vinegar (I like BRAGG raw and organic) and Shoyu sauce (like soya sauce, I use organic Tamari brand)
- Squeeze the juice of about 1/4 of a lemon or lime
- Add other seasonings you like, dried herbs (oregano, basil) and spices like cayenne, curry powder etc.
- Leave at medium heat to simmer and cook for about 8-10 min so sauce thickens
- Top sauce on noodles and garnish with sunflower seeds...ENJOY!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment